Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dewey Ehrenberg


Dewey Ehrenberg passed away on Sunday afternoon after putting up one hell of a fight against cancer.

I have had the privilege of working with many special and talented people throughout the years, but Dewey was one of a kind. He was the first person I spoke to each morning. He would call at 5:00 am every day to see if I was awake and ask if there was anything he could do to convince me to "shave my damn beard." Seemed like he always had knowledge of a sale on razor blades at Walgreen's. I looked forward to that call. It was a bright spot in even the most demanding of days.

Dewey meant a lot to the people at Indian Creek. He has been here since day one and has been a consistent presence in our day-to-day operations. His loyalty and dedication will be missed.

What will be missed the most, however, is his personality. Few people have the charisma and zest for life that Dewey possessed. I never saw him unhappy. Grumpy maybe, but it never lasted long. He knew how to handle even the most difficult customer and I can't think of a better representative of Indian Creek.

He will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment